Friday, February 26, 2016

ARE YOU PREGNANT? HUH??? I'M I PREGNANT???







Recently, I’ve been doing a survey on polycysytic ovary syndrome in women. Pcos an endocrine disorder is reported to be the major cause of infertility in women and the aim of the survey is to find out its prevalence in Nigeria and if possible raise awareness about it. This survey entails my visiting ante natal and fertility clinics. Since I’m using Enugu state as a case study I’ve been asking people to help me with addresses of clinics I can visit and this is where the problem lies.

The typical response I get are
 Are you pregnant?
 Do you want to freeze your eggs?
Why are you going to a fertility clinic?
One dude was gracious enough to tell me he has a fertility clinic in his house and I’m like huh???
Yesterday, I went to an ante natal clinic to see a doctor. Immediately I approached the nurse and told her I wanted to see the doctor she asked that I get a card and when I tried explaining she just snapped and said “ madam, pregnant women take cards before they see the doctor” . I had to look at myself very well to be sure I’m the one she’s referring to.
I love pregnancy even though I’ve never been pregnant and I think it’s a beautiful experience. Hence, I’m interested in the study.  So phavourites, have you ever heard of the term PCOS? Do you know anyone suffering from it? Do you think its prevalence in Nigeria ? Help!!!! And oh, I’m doing a second survey on dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation) but that will be much later.
P.s
Sorry for going awol on you guys .
P.P.s
My 26th birthday is Sunday… ermmm….i dunno if there is a party yet. I’m kinda the spontaneous person.
xoxoxoxo

Your comments are like butter to my bread.. Pleeeaaassssseeee don't starve me!!! Follow us on twiter HERE like our page on facebook HERE  follow us on instagram HEREShare this post to your friends, families.enemies infact everyone. FMB loves you.



Osayuwamen Favour Nosakhare




14 comments:

  1. Yes i have heard of it and it's common in Nigeria just that people aren't aware of it. Happy birthday in advance dear.

    trendwithgloria.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep spreading the awareness... Just hearing it for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about this pcos,but I don't know much about it.

    Mily's blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of it. Now I know.

    Welcome back, sweetie. Looking forward to Sunday. "26" rings a bell here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I have heard a lot about it, in my journey on TTC. It is called polycyticovarian syndrome .they don't produce quality eggs during ovulation. They are placed on metformin, clomid, there are lot of fertility clinic in Lagos they are expert innit.
    Bridge clinic, olive branch, st Ives Nordica

    ReplyDelete
  6. With proper management, ladies with PCOS can conceive.

    Polycytic ovarian syndrome


    Www.bolatitoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 26th birthday in advance. Plus are you in medical field or just curious?
    www.TuhamWorld.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to You....where is my cake?

    ReplyDelete

For Guest Posts and Adverts, send an email to favourmoyse@gmail.com or call +2347038888290.

Contact Check!

  I remembered l have a blog today again. Not like today is the first day this has crossed my mind, but l decided to visit this site today a...