Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I got Ghosted





When everythings seemingly going great with a guy and then he totally drops off the radar? Yeah, that.A couple of months ago I met a guy on instagram. He was good looking, smart and seemed to have his shit together. Anyway, after a few days talking, we met up for ice cream and I was relieved to find he was better looking in person and was also very tall thank God. I hate it when you meet up with a guy and they have the height of M.I Then he asked me out to dinner at a fancy restaurant. It was the best date Id been on in ages - great food, great flanter, lots of laughing and no criminal records.
Tick. And the best bit was when we kissed goodnight, I had that rush of excitement like youve just eaten a whole bag of KFC Chicken and chips.

Over the next few weeks, we hung out more going to the movies, the beach and out for lazy Sunday clubbing. The more I got to know him, the more I started liking him. I even told my friends I had a crush.But then I texted him, asking him if he wanted to meet up on the weekend, and its been  SEVEN days and he still hasnt answered.
I think hes ghosted
Ghosting: adj: when a male human has been courting a female human and disappears into thin air with no reason or explanation. But make no mistake, you have been dumped. See also: smoke bomb; Pink Panther.

Have you been ghosted? HOW BAD IS IT?! It is literally THE WORST. When youre dumped the good ol regular way, youre gutted, for sure. But, depending how long you were together for, you can wallow, watch 30 days in Atlanta or lekki wives or When love happens then after a few days you can analyse what went wrong, get your besties and your heels, and get back out there.In other words, theres a process you go through that allows you to grieve and move on. But when he disappears like Harold Holt with no clues as to why, theres no process only an emotional rollercoaster. For the last seven days, every time my phones buzzed Ive been filled with hope and excitement and butterflies this might be himFinally! Then when I see its just MTN  telling me why I need to have Tiwa Savage and Waje's  "my baby" as a caller tune, the disappointment punches me hard, right in the pit of my stomach.

Ive gone through every detail thinking Id done something to offend him or Id been too clingy. Ive made up every excuse in the book to explain away his lack of communication maybe hes been called away on urgent work business? Maybe his phone got stolen? Maybe tiny dwarves broke into his apartment and cut off his fingers with teeny tiny saws? And its driving me nuts! But really, I know Im just avoiding the truth of the situation hes not into me, so much so that he cant even be bothered to let me know. And thats the real kicker with being ghosted I hate that Im spending so much time thinking about a guy who is thinking of me even less than he does his great aunt, twice removed.

I wish my mind was stronger than that. Im trying though, and any time a thought of him creeps into my brain like a snake Slithering out of the bushes, I kill it by repeating Hulk, Hulk, Hulk in my head. I have no idea why this works, but it does. Try it if you dont believe me. And finally, I keep reminding myself hes moved on. Time for me to do the same. But Im still mad. I mean seriously? Ghosting?! How weak. Man up AND TELL ME IDUMPED! Even if it is on a Post-It.

Tags: #datingharriet, when love happens, AY, cosmopolitan,Mtn, Hulk,Tiwa Savage,Harold Holt, Waje.


Your comments are like butter to my bread.. Pleeeaaassssseeee don't starve me!!! Follow us on twiter HERE like our page on facebook HERE Share this post to your friends, families.enemies infact everyone. FMB loves you.

29 comments:

  1. Ghosting is d most cowardly act ever...nice one favour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea... its reli a cowardly act.. y don't u jus say you don't want the person anymore. fanks for dropping by linda

      Delete
  2. not knwing why, wld ve driven me crazy, if dis happened to me... kpele oh

    ReplyDelete
  3. New here... Guess I need to start dropping by often :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol,,,, height like that of M.I... lmao

    ReplyDelete
  5. its crazy I tell you!! this happened to me once $ he disappeared for almost a year. I eventually caught up with him one Fateful day, where he came back to ask for forgiveness & a new opportunity blah blah blah... & so I asked why he ''vanished without a trace'' (no pun intended) His excuse? very flimsy- listen to this:''at that point in my life I was asking God to show me my wife & then, a couple of days later, a group of friends were gisting & they mentioned your name as someone's girldfriend, so i took that as a sign from God...'' How lame? he should have sumourned up the courage to ASK ME FIRST if it was true (turned out it wasnt, as this person just wished that I was his, & kept talking to others about it- in faith maybe, hehe!) I just told him he was a coward! so, if we were married & you heard something about me in public, would you just dash off like that? na wah! He apologized & begged but abeg i dumped him like a soiled diaper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! wow!! wow!!! he jus dropped off the radar like that? tank God you made the right decision. you are a superwoman

      Delete
  6. Ugh. That sucks. But no real man would do that, so for you, it's a blessing. Better now than never.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going through that right now,he act like he really loves me but he told me he does not love..really?leading me on for a long time..moving on now.makes me strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww babe... i can relate.. do not settle for anyfin less than Gods best. xoxoxo

      Delete
    2. Thank uu*hugs* just glad he was honest with me even tho I'm so in love with him..

      Delete
    3. s**t happens.. better days are ahead hun

      Delete
  8. Now I know a new word "Ghosted".
    Hmm in some ways it's harder sef than when your boyfriend dumps you cos in this case you don't know the reason why he did it.
    You start to self evaluate and all your insecurities come to the fore.
    It's happened to me about two times. Luckily they were mega jerks so I didn't mind.
    One dropped me off in the rain by the road side and I had to walk to my grandma's house,d other said I was proud cos my cousin came to open the gate for him instead of me.
    Both on the first days.
    In my mind,i don ghost them sef before they did their own ghosting.
    Have I ghosted? Yep. No time to waste abeg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. choi funmi!!! ur comment awaz leaves me awestruck....shebi u don put up new post for your blog ooo

      Delete
  9. So I'm not the only one that says Ghosting, lol.

    When people do this - I think it is rude and cowardly. Sometimes there is a good reason, but a lot of times guys think they are sparing your feelings but they aren't. I've had to tell guys - please call her and tell her something, it is not cool.

    I think I have been the one to do so once or twice but not without saying "yo, you are not the one" so that's not really ghosting and even then I did not like having to do that. The exit was announced. Everyone has feelings and we must all be cognizant of that in any relationship. But some Naija guys...you say hello and they are already asking for your blood type! Bye Felix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lolz @ u say hello and they are already asking for your blood type. kikikik

      Delete
  10. to be frank, most times I when I feel a lil confused about this relationship thing, I just hibernate into ghost mood.

    but that does not mean I have stopped loving you.

    Ocso | 234 Jam Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes men pulls back when their feelings for a lady overwhelms them. all the lady need to do is wait it out, pull back too to give him that space, don't call, him, don't text him either, forget all about him and engage yourself with things that make you happy. if he comes back, he is for you but if he didn't come back then it's good riddance, you are well off without such a man.



    www.beinspiredwithmily.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ever wanted to get free YouTube Subscribers?
    Did you know that you can get them AUTOMATICALLY & TOTALLY FREE by using You Like Hits?

    ReplyDelete

For Guest Posts and Adverts, send an email to favourmoyse@gmail.com or call +2347038888290.

Contact Check!

  I remembered l have a blog today again. Not like today is the first day this has crossed my mind, but l decided to visit this site today a...