Saturday, January 4, 2014

English names For Naija Dishes.

When i stumbled on some of these names few days ago, l had to look for others. All na packaging sha. So here are english names of naija dishes/ snacks.                              

1. Kuli kuli – Peanut bars
2. Donkuwa/ Robo Alata – Hot Charcolit nuts
3. Kilichi – Beef Crackers
4. Dundun/fried yam – Yamarita
5. Fried Potato – Potarita
6. Pako (Chewing stick) – Dental Sticks
7. Boli – Barbecue Plantain
8. Roasted corn – Corn Aflame
9. Eko/Agidi – Corn Jellos
10. Moin moin – Bean pie
11. Isi ewu – Goat-hedo lickins’
12. Garri – Grain o’ fibres
13. Bokoto/ Nkwobi – Hoof salad
14. Ogi/Akamu – Corn Caramel
15. Kpof kpof – Energy Buns
16. Chin chin – Dough Rocks
17. Zobo – Juice Rosa Afrik
18. Kunnu – Grain Alive
19. Bread and Akara – Bean cake Burger
20. Ofada rice – Unpolished Rice for
Vegetarians
21. Adalu(corn & beans) – Lentils & Grain
Salad
22. Ifokore (yam porrige) – Continental Yam
Casserole
23. Agbalumo – Wild Robust Cherry.
Now you know, knowledge is power. Thank me later.

Tags;FMB,nana kings,gaby

twitter handle ;@dahliadona

23 comments:

  1. I will no longer fool myself o... Oya efizzy tins don show.. Lolz.. Me likey..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks me too.. I follow too for the effizy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peanut bars. I have a story to tell about 'beef crackers'. Each time I travel to Naija, I always make sure I bring back loads of kilishi aka beef crackers. Dem no dey sell am for Mma Eliza land so I gats to stock up for a rainy day. We have a tradition at work that anyone who travels brings back something from their journey for the team. Others bring chocolates back mostly but I decided to be different and bring back some kilishi so they get to taste some Naija food.

    O the joy!! whats this Uddes - they ask? Oh its dried beef - preserved with scotcg bonnet. The naija equivalent of the South African Biltong aka beef jerky. Can I have some they respond. Oh yes please - knock your self out. But I must warn you it is a little bit spicy.

    Ok. colleague cuts a little kilishi and pops in his/her mouth. Ummm nice but a bit spicy ummmmm - they say. I watch as they turn bright red and then run off to look for some milk. *sigh* why do we like and stand pepper and our oyibo friends cant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the Mr loves spicy food. Although his buds toughened after he met me.
      Me; oh dear, dinner is quite spicy
      him; of course

      Delete
  4. Hahahahahah. Your comment got me rolling on the floor wif laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big kisses, 4 this piece of information. Favour, shey na u give us Adiche's novels 4 SDK. Me like U. *Kisses & Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahah.. Na me oh.. Fanks.. Me like you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love. Now I can b forming. I love barbecue plantain. But d mama will not ondastand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol at kpofkpof I have been calling it puffpuff all my life. although for some reason, i came up with puffies which was way easier for me mbok....yeah I'm very simple Lol. Naija we too like to double things. Puffpuff, moinmoin, chinchin Ah ah. ��

    ReplyDelete
  9. What attracted me to this post is the corn aflame, I love it die. Chai

    ReplyDelete
  10. I laugh in spanglish... Me I no gree with the kpof kpof own o. Energy buns ke?! Talk about irony...make them come chop a saucer of kpof kpof come tell me if sleep no go kick energy komot for body... mtscheew. "Energy buns"...



    www.iblogwithgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

For Guest Posts and Adverts, send an email to favourmoyse@gmail.com or call +2347038888290.

Contact Check!

  I remembered l have a blog today again. Not like today is the first day this has crossed my mind, but l decided to visit this site today a...